All The Books!
There is a time in every reader’s life when the books just pile on, one on top of the other, and don’t seem to stop. This past week has been such a time for me as I checked out 10 books from the library:
- An Obvious Fact by Craig Johnson: I read earlier in the week and shared my short, short review via Litsy, now on Android!!! Yay! I’m stillunfinished over there too.
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth WARE: I checked out from our library’s ebook system, eBranch2go, and started reading Thursday.
- The Emerald Lie by Ken Bruen
- Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
- The Arnifour Affair by Gregory Harris
- River of Darkness by Rennie Airth
- Bruno, Chief of Police by Martin Walker: I checked out on ebook via Free Library Library of Philadelphia after seeing a later one in the series at our library and wanting to start from the beginning.
- The Good Girl by Mary Kubica: Checked out because I have heard so much about.
- The Forsaken by Ace Atkins
- In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware: I had looked at this one previously, but now with all the hubbub about The Woman In Cabin 10, I might actually read it.
All The Life!
No life for last week’s post, and pretty much the same this past week until this weekend. Tonight (Saturday as I’m writing this post) we’re going to a campfire/cookout at some friends of my wife. I’m not going to lie that I didn’t want to go, but…
Then tomorrow (today as you’re reading this), I’m going to watch NASCAR as usual with my neighbor Mike, but then later we’re going to watch the Steelers game for his birthday and play cards…and oh, yeah, free food too!
Update on campfire/cookout: The food was very good, barbecued chicken, hot dogs and the highlight, a bread pudding with white chocolate. It was good for Kim to get together with her friends, but for me, to be honest, I’m not used to kids and there were about 20 of them there, which is about 20 too many for me. 😉
So that was my week in reading and life? How about you? What were the highlights of your past week – in reading and life?